Friday, January 30, 2009

Our Sweet Baby Jaymes is 15!!!



Well, as of 2 days ago we are now parents to a 15 year old!!! That is scary stuff!!!
Actually, it isn't that scary! She is such a great kid! What is scary is how fast the last 15 years have gone by.
I still see her as my beautiful baby girl that we waited SO long for. Or I see her as my goofy little toddler walking around at 10 months old. In my mind I still see her holding up 2 fingers and telling people she was 'terrible two' when asked how old she was. I see that little blonde head bobbing up and down as she followed her Daddy out in the yard mowing the lawn.
Where did all the time in between go???
It is a bittersweet event for me. It is exciting to watch her dive in head first to all the experiences that are hers to have. It is also sad to know that in a very few years she could realistically be living away at school and no longer at home with her bright smile and mischievous nature.
Happy Birthday Alexa! We love you so much and we are so proud of the person you are and the adult your are growing to be!!!

1 comment:

Dwight and Ashley Family said...

Time does fly. It seems like yesterday, I was spending a lot of my free time with her & I was just15!!! I can't believe it. She has grown into such a lovely, smart, & wonderful young lady. We love you Lex.