Sunday, November 2, 2008

A reason to Celebrate


Thanksgiving is this month and our family has been blessed with a very BIG reason to be thankful! It appears that my Dad is in remission!!! YEAH!!!!!!!! What an amazing gift. He will hopefully be able to talk to the Oncologist tomorrow and find out what his treatment regimen will be now. I am just so grateful to be granted such an amazing outcome. Our prayers have been answered and we will continue to be blessed to have this truly, incredible man in our lives. He has been granted more time to continue to teach us through his gentle ways and example.
Dad, I am so grateful for your example of courage, strength and faith. I think back to only a few months ago during some very dark, hard times for you and I am overwhelmed by this gift.
No one knows how long remission will last, but I can tell you that I for one will not take one day with you for granted!!! I look forward to many anniversaries (10/30/08) of your remission! I think it just might be a new Official Holiday for the entire Hunter Family!!!
Mom, you have been so amazing through out this very hard time. You have been so strong, patient and loving. I also believe that you have been blessed with the strength required to care for Dad. I am in awe of your strength and faith!
I love you both so very much!
(picture is from Christmas 2007 - Grandma and Grandpa in their new Christmas pj's)

6 comments:

sav said...

that is awesome! what a blessing! i hope everything goes good and stays in remission. we just found out that my dad has a tumor on his bladder and we are so worried that it is cancerous. he is going into surgery on the 11th, so we will know then. hopefully we will have good news too.

Tyson and Capri said...

Hey ask your sister if she still wants a puppy and what she would feel comfortable paying for one. we have two left and we are ready to get rid of them. Love them but to many dogs in the house:) let me know

Melz Spot said...

Hello Dear Friend,
BEAUTIFUL Family, all grown up! I still can't get over the fact that Alli is EIGHT YEARS OLD! Oh my stars, that blows my mind! I'm so excited about your Dad. Corrie shared the happy news with us yesterday. Mirales do happen! I just wanted you to know that I think of you often & hope we can get together & catch up soon!
~Melanie

sav said...

hey amy! i just thought i would let you know that it is friends and family at american eagle on saturday! i know you and alexa love to shop there! so you can go in and mention my name when you check out and they will give you 25% off your entire purchase.

b.family said...

hey there! yeah we are both planning on coming down for thanksgiving. I'm excited!

Carrie said...

Amy.... I am so happy to hear this news! Your dad looks so sweet, I sure hope he stays well and is done with all of this mess.

Thanks for sharing!