Monday, March 16, 2009

Team Briggs

As you can see I have added a really adorable button to our blog. This is a picture of Briggs. Briggs is one of the bravest, strongest, little warriors I have ever known.
He was diagnosed with a brain tumor on Nov. 11, 2008. He has spent the majority of the past 5 months at PCMC. His Mommy is due, this week, to deliver their first daughter. She hasn't spent a night away from Briggs. She sleeps on a fold out bed by his side. On the rare occasion that they are at home, she administers all his meds around the clock. His Daddy is an incredibly talented Country music singer. He also works a full time job. So, between gigs and his day job, he manages to spend as much time with Briggs as possible. He is a very hands on Daddy and does all he can to take care of his boys and their Momma. They also have a 7 year old son. His life has been turned upside down. He and his best-friend & brother have been apart much more than two little boys should be. He is an amazing kid and seems to have the magic touch when it comes to helping Briggs.
I know about Briggs because I work with his Grandma Tammy. Briggs and his family would come into the office occasionally. When the news of Briggs' illness came we were all devastated. It has been such a journey witnessing this amazing little family and their extended family go through this nightmare.
If you click on the Team Briggs button it will take you to their website. There you can read their story and it even gives the option to donate to help with his medical bills. You can also go to www.carepages.com and look up Briggs Hill and see his journey day by day.
There is little the family asks for besides prayers for their little man to beat this cruel disease. So, I hope you will all take a minute and send prayers up for this family. Also, if you are able to donate to Briggs' account that is great too! I can't imagine their medical bills.
They truly are an incredible family. A family that have captured the hearts of so many people all over the country. Tonight Briggs and his Mommy are spending another night in 'the big house', as they call it. Briggs is receiving some massive doses of chemo and they are beginning the stem cell transplant. It is such a critical time for them all but hopeful one that is leading them to the path of recovery!! With a new baby sister joining the journey very soon!!!
If you are interested in adding the Team Briggs button to your blog let me know and I will get the info to you.
Go Briggs!!!

2 comments:

Nield Moments said...

I would LOVE a "team briggs" button! Even though I have never personally me their sweet little family, I have come to love them. I am constantly checking email for a new carepage. Do you (or do you think they) would mind if I post something on my blog?

Love Ya

Brook and Jen said...

Amy,
Wow, that is soooo crazy. I totally remember Briggs mom from when i worked there. We were prego at the same time, due the same day with little Briggs and Camden. Wow, i wish there was more that i could do but i would love to get a "team Briggs" button. Just let me know what to do!!