Friday, December 5, 2008

Gratitude

For me, one of the hardest parts of being a Mom is when my kids are sick. Last night Ally woke up @ 11:00 throwing up. I got her cleaned up, her bed changed and tucked her in. Within a few minutes she was back up.
Her stomach was hurting and she was crying. She wanted me to hold her in the recliner. I more than willingly did so. We stayed in the chair until 1:30 am with her throwing up every 20 minutes or so.
My heart just broke for her. I would have done anything to take the hurt and sickness from her. My thoughts then went straight to a special little guy that is at Primary Children's Hospital fighting for his life.
Suddenly Ally's stomach flu was put in perspective. I was so grateful that we were only battling the flu. My heart just aches for parents that have to watch their children suffering and battle for their lives!
Ally continued to throw up about every 50 min last night but each time I was reminded how blessed I am for having healthy children. She has finally gone @ 5 hrs without throwing up and is now sleeping soundly. Although I still hate watching her be sick and feeling so bad I am just so grateful that she will be feeling better in no time at all.
My heart and prayers go out to all of the families that have a child that is fighting for their life. Maybe all of us can keep an extra prayer in our hearts for these children and their families!
I believe that every prayer is heard. So if you will, please say a little prayer on behalf of a special little cowboy that is currently fighting a very hard fight at PCMC.

1 comment:

Nield Moments said...

Heidi just recently had a similar post on her blog. I find I often complain about the "little things" in life that I shouldn't. Tonight I signed up for the carepages you sent. Thank you. They seem like such a wonderful little family. They definetly have prayers coming in their behalf from Wyoming!

Luv Ya,
Lyndi