Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rude Awakening & a Thief

Have you ever had a day where you should have just stayed in bed??? Today has definitely been one of those days.
My doorbell rang @ 4:45 am today. Having been in a nice deep sleep this definitely jolted me straight from bed. My first thought was that Wade was home and had locked himself out. I couldn't figure out why he would be home though. I get to the front door and look out my blinds and there stands a policeman. He says "Police".
Ok, my first thought is did we set the alarm last night? Are all the kids still sleeping safely in bed? Then my stomach reaches my throat with the thought 'Wade.....' He had left the house at 1:00 am for work. My thought continued....'he's been in a wreck, they found his drivers license, here they are, this can't be good'. Then, Mom and Dad. Has something happened at their house? Panic!
This all went through my mind in all of a few seconds. I said through the window "Let me get my robe". I had after all ran straight from bed. The Officer nods his head as he is shining his flashlight on his badge.
Finally I open the door and he informs me that one of our neighbors had called because our dog (Hoosier, our Black Lab) had been barking for the past 1 1/2 hrs. He went on to tell me that he had been sitting out front of our house for the past 20 minutes and that the dog had not stopped.
My head was still spinning from abruptly being forced awake. Plus, the worse case scenarios that had ran through my head still had me completely freaked. I think that by this point he realized that I was a bit caught off guard.
I told him that I would go out and check on Hoosier because that wasn't normal for him. I mentioned something about having raccoons that get him worked up, etc. Asked who called in, which of course was anonymous. The Officer then gets my name, birthdate, phone #'s, our street address and offers to go out for me and check the dog. I said no and he left.
Sheesh......
Then tonight Caden is out riding his bike in our neighborhood. Wade is heading to the dump and to get Hunter from soccer practice. Wade stops and tells Caden where he is going. Caden wants to go but has his bike. Cade starts for home, just across the street and over one house, and Wade tells him he doesn't have time to wait for him, to just leave it there. (there = the corner of our friends yard). So, 45 min later they come home and no bike. Yup, the bike is gone. Wade and Caden went and checked with the surrounding neighbors and no one has seen the bike. So now Caden is without his bike that he got just 11 months ago and had just grown into (nice bike that he could have had forever).
#$&(%*#&%&#)*(%&* ( at least that is what I feel like screaming) .

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Doesn't that just make you so mad?? You feel so violated. What makes people think they have the right, ya know?? I'm sorry to hear about it, I'm sure Caden is upset, too. Poor kid. Jaden leaves his stuff out all the time and, until recently, we never had to worry about it. But some people just moved in a few houses down and the cops are always over there. They have 3 young boys that are always messing around over here so now we have to keep everything locked in the garage. It's a pain.