Monday, October 13, 2008

Ally is growing up!!!


My Ally-bug is growing up! She has desperately wanted to have her ears pierced. On the morning of Sat., Sept. 27th she came upstairs and said that she had a dream that she had her ears pierced. I smiled at her and told her she would have to talk to her Dad about that. She gave her big, puppy-dog eyed smile to him and went over and gave him a hug. He just smiled at her. She walked away from him knowing that he wouldn't let her. I mentioned to him that maybe we should let her do it before she was much older. I then reminded him that Alexa was older and she was awful about letting us take the posts out. He shrugged and had that 'I give up' look. He then told me he didn't care if she had it done. I went and told Ally that she could have her ears pierced. She was SO excited. We went that afternoon to The Silver Loft at the Newgate Mall. Alexa and her cute friend Ashley went too. They were being so cute with Ally. They were helping her pick which earrings and then they were trying to keep her from getting too nervous about it. She chose her Amethyst posts, her birthstone. After it was done they were telling her how cute her earrings were. Ally said it hurt a little bit, but she has been all smiles ever since. She is also very diligent about cleaning around her earrings. She got all of the way to the bus stop one morning and remembered she didn't clean her ears so she ran back home. I told her it was ok, she could do it after school. She ran back up to the bus stop but the bus had already come! So she came back home, cleaned her ears then I drove her to school!

No comments: